Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Discovering Your Dream Life

“But now thus says the LORD, he who created you,
O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.”
Isaiah 43:1

Are you inspired by a dream for your life? Chances are, if you are inspired by a dream, others will be as well. Think of the inspiration of one man’s dream four decades ago when he said, “I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” 

What is your dream? You should know that it is of no use unless you discover it, just as a good harvest of golden wheat dies if it stays to rot in the field. But, when you truly discover and define your dream, you will realize the distinct reason God put you on this earth!

Perhaps it’s time to reveal your life’s dream. After all, what’s there to lose? There’s nothing to be afraid of, I assure you. And God Himself is on your side! Commit yourself to a dream! Nobody who tries to do something great but fails is a total failure. Why? Because you can always rest assured that you have succeeded in life's most important battle: the fear of trying.

Let’s get started on Discovering Your Dream Life. First, you’ll need to Get alone with God. The main reason people never uncover their purpose in life is they never stop long enough and listen to what God is saying. This going away from the television, away from work, away from people, just for a little while each day. Just get quiet for a few minutes and let God talk to you. He has a lot to say!

Next, you’ll need to review your gifts and talents. The Bible says we each have gifts. What are the gifts God has given you? Remember now, you didn't choose them. That’s why real fulfillment comes when you use those gifts for the dream God gave you. So ask yourself, What are my best abilities?  What do I really like to do? What are your desires? Don’t be afraid of your desires. As a Christian God has given you “the desires of your heart.” That doesn’t mean He gives you whatever you want. It means He gives you your wants!

Now, take a look at your personal experience. Examine your desires, your talents and your history. This is powerful thing! The Bible says, "All things work together for good" God doesn’t waste a thing. He uses all your training, skills, expertise, all the good times and the bad to build the person He needs you to be. God integrates every moment of your life, so take a good, honest look at it.

Then, let the dreams begin! Taking hold of your dreams means exploring whatever roads, journeys and adventures they will lead you. Explore new areas of ministry, business, and education. There are grand new possibilities every day! Get active and participate. Take classes; volunteer, travel. The sparks of your dream will soon ignite.

Finally, record your dream. When your dream is clear, write it down. This brings it one step closer to reality. It will give you resolve and bring undeniable definition and form to your life’s dream. You must do more than have an idea; you must make and follow a plan for implementing it. Dreams don’t come true just by “daydreaming.” Write them down and like a rudder on a boat, allow them to become a guiding force in your life.

Never forget that whoever God says you are, that is who you are. Let Him speak to you today so that He can introduce you to that very special person He created you to be in HIS dreams.

Today’s Prayer

Lord, please allow me to see my life the way You do; through Your eyes. Allow me to see and nurture the talents and gifts you have given me. Reveal to me all that I am good at doing, and how I can do those things more and more for Your Kingdom and greater glory. Reveal my purpose and allow me to rest in the knowledge that because you are good, you are working for good in every situation in my life. Keep me moving in the right direction, even though I can't see all of Your incredible plan. Lead me on this great adventure, this miraculous journey to my destiny in You. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for posting the link on Twitter. I'll re-tweet it.

    ReplyDelete