Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DREAM A BIG DREAM

“And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;”
                                                Acts 2:17

Along with every individual in the world, you have been created by God to have a glorious dream, a magnificent destiny and a higher reason for living. On that day long ago when God created you, He needed something accomplished on Earth that no other person could do, so He designed you to do it better than anyone else could.

Your God-designed, unique destiny, your dream, that certain something only you can do better than anyone is meant by our Lord to change the course of human history. Every one of us, and you are NO exception, has a moment when our dream and destiny can somehow impact the lives of people all over the world for generations to come. So, as you journey through the adventure of your life, remember that God has already arranged appointments and opportunities that will fulfill your destiny of making an eternal impact on His Kingdom.

What are these dreams? (No, I don’t mean the images that flash through your sleeping mind in the night.) By dreams, I mean the goals and visions that burn so brightly in your heart and permeate your soul with joy at their very thought. These are the strong and clear visions of what you want your life to be at your highest level of fulfillment. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” You see, it’s all about what you truly want to do with your life, how you want to do it to your greatest potential, and who you want to become in the process.

Your dream is more than a goal. It should be the very definition of your life. Eventually, you should be able to define your life in one word. When people think of Michael Jordon, they think "basketball." When they think of Shakespeare, they think "Playwright." What word pops into the minds of your family and friends when they thing of you? Why not "servant," "soul winner," "giver," or "discipler"?

As you go about your day today, please know that dreams do come true. Without that possibility, God would not incite us to have them. Next week, we’ll discuss how you can discover a clearer view of your dreams and some very real tips for making your dreams become reality.

Today’s Prayer

Lord, thank you for creating me. Give me the courage to make my dreams come true. For, I know you have given me those dreams. If they come true for me, they come true for you. Oh, that you would allow me to do great things for You and Your Kingdom. Grant me that I would never underestimate what you have created me to do and the great things you need me to do this very day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment